The introduction of social networks brought a great changed in the way we behave, we do business and interact with those close to our hearts. Online presence refer to the way in which your social network profile appears online, and to the third parties. The term given to online presence is called “Google CV”. Google CV refers to the result that appears after people who are interested in our lives/in our services get. Some of those people include potential employers. Have you try to search your name and see what the result will be?
I like to believe that our Google CV remains clean untill we join social networking sites such as Facebook, flickr, Twitter and others. It is of great importance to watch the manner in which we socialize online. Those thing ranges from things we say, pictures and videos we upload and the links we post on our friends wall.
We all know how good and how interesting social networking sites can be. We do everything on those sites, including things that we cannot do under sober conditions.
Well this post come to serve as a tip, on how to keep your socila presence clean, and keep your brand-name and reputation in a good standing. Although facebook can be greatly beneficial, ensure that you avoid the following points while having nice time on social networks.
- Never or Avoid posting pictures with booze on your facebook profile, they suggest that you are a drunkard and that can make you lose the job interview.
- Never post status updates that suggest hate speech, or any other post that may bring your employer into disrepute.
- Status updates such as “My boss is a jerk” or “I hate my job” can cost you your job.
- As an employees, you should not disclose company information which can be subject to the Copyright Act
- Stay away from social networking sites when you are on leave (especially sick leave) because you might make a blunder.
I urge that you try to keep your facebook profile splendidly clean, allow limited access to your pictures to those you are friends with. It is also quite advisable to make your profile private. Remember that once something hits the net, it will never be removable. That is because of the way information multiplies on the internet.
As your liking thy status, poking thy charming woman and commenting on that wall, keep in mind on what type of things you do online, because thy can make or break your professional life.
Facebook is still the leading legitimate way of social networking, so have as much fun but hey watch out, do not ruin your reputation in the process!!!!
And lastly “Use privacy settings to limit the flow of information between you and your friends”.
Have facebook for breakfast , twitter is for lunch and of course youtube is more interesting during supper. Keep your online presence clean…………!!!!!!